Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Pool

Ok, so I am trying to journal more and I had one of those experiences that scare a mother to death and I can't erase it from my memory
....we were at the pool (you probably know what's coming).... and I changed Molly out of her swimsuit into her coverup and putting my coverup on. I have my coverup half on when I look up and say, "Where is Molly?" Hmm, she's not by my chair, I scan the cement looking for her bright blue coverup....can't find her......can't find her....I CAN'T seem to locate her with my "Mom Radar". Drew and Jack are all spread out, Jack has the gate open, did she escape (that's typically not like Molly) she usually stays with me and/or the boys. I didn't even look in the pool because the whistle had been blown and no kids are allowed in the pool without a lifeguard....
...so OF COURSE she wouldn't be there....right? So I glance in the pool and see a little girl swimming (yes swimming underwater) to the side of the pool with a little football in her hand. I reached down and grabbed her out and prayed in thanks to God that her little angel was holding her up and guiding her to the edge of the pool. She said she dropped the football in and jumped in to get it and "I was scared" she said. She kept saying how she was scared. The wonderful thing is she was swimming underwater and didn't even breathe one bit of water. She had held her breathe.
I think she thought she still had her lifejacket on....anyway I keep replaying the event over and over and over in my head....and am just sooooo thankful. I know that in an instant she could have drown. And it literally was probably a second from when I saw her to when she was in the pool...well it seemed that way.

No comments: