Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sometimes by Step

I came across this verse today and can't believe I haven't ever seen it before, but I love it.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Sometimes those steps move sideways or backwards detour. Sometimes God steers us away from horrendous unseen obstacles while we mistakenly think that He not answering our prayers.
--------------------------------------
Sometimes I think of Abraham
How one star he saw had been lit for me
He was a stranger in this land
And I am that, no less than he
And on this road to righteousness
Sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps
But never beyond Your reach

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
-quoted from Rich Mullins song "Sometimes by Step"

No comments: