Monday, November 30, 2009

Crafting

Today I did some crafting....I love to, but usually don't have time for it. I have had my supplies sitting for weeks....here is my cute little decoration I made that I can use all year or just Christmas....
First I picked out scrapbooking paper that coordinated. At first I was going to use Christmas paper but the more I thought about the word I was using "Joy" I thought it is something that I would/could display all year around. So I went with paper that I liked and was neutral in theme.


Then I took the 4 1/2 inch blocks I found at Michael's and painted them black. After that Molly Modge Podged them with a nice coat. I then placed the paper on top of the Modge Podge.
After you smooth out all the bubbles I then put a coat of Modge Podge over the top to seal. While they were drying, I spray painted the wood letters (bought at Michael's) in "Joy".




Hot glue the wood letters to each block.


I hot glued bows to each block for added cute-ness.....

How fun! You could do this with so many other words....even your last name....that was my first idea....my last name is too long...


Ooooo...the most exciting thing is that I had to make two because of how the supplies were packaged so I am giving away one. If you want to be entered in my first drawing ever, make a comment by Tuesday, Dec 1st 9am. I will announce the winner later this week.


14 comments:

Julie B. said...

Very cute, Abby :)

Alesa said...

Abby, I'm so impressed! I'm not so much a crafty person :) Anyways, it looks great!!

teresa said...

What a cute idea. It would take lots of blocks for my last name too (and a very long shelf).

Wee said...

Abby, this is SO cute! I might just have to follow your lead and try this myself!

Penny said...

Very nice Abby! Love the picture with Molly helping out!

Janel said...

I don't know if you know me, but I think it's a VERY cute idea:)
Janel Gerber
blaregerber@hotmail.com

T and M said...

Wow, looks like I picked a good time to check your blog! ( : Your craftiness inspires me to get working on some of my decorating ideas around the house!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Awwww...shoot! I'm just now reading this post and it's after 9 am. But I LOVE this idea and can definitely see myself doing this in the future! It darling. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

cute cute

An

AbbyKlop said...

and the winner is (thanks to my little assistant, Molly).......Penny! You won my JOY decoration....I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks everyone for playing....this is kinda fun!
-abby

Nichole said...

Abby. . . Just now reading this. LOVE it! Great gift idea!

Penny said...

Thanks Abby & Molly! I put them on my piano and love them.

smw said...

too bad i missed this. it looked great! also, i love the hair thing. i've worn it twice already. it was great to have you here. call again when you're here next time!

miette said...

Jolie idée que je vous propose de faire circuler sur mon blog!
bonjour de france, miette