Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friendship Bread

I got my first batch ever of Friendship Bread....I have researched it and it seems it could be kinda mean to give this stuff away to friends. I have heard of people running away when they see you coming with a cup of starter in a large zip lock bag.

As of now, my first run with it has been good and I didn't give any away. On Sunday, I had my first taste of Friendship Bread and wasn't so fond of the orginal recipe. I don't usually follow standard anyway, so I searched for all the recipes I could find and came up with a great way to use most or all of my starter and save one for myself....for 10 days from now.

After you share 3 of the starters with friends you can use up the rest by making my Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake. I opted to make the Coffee Cake and then throw one starter in the freezer, keep one on the counter for 10 days from now and then I made delicious Cranberry Lemon Cinnamon Rolls with the other. Next time (yes, 10 days from now) I am going to use up 2 or 3 of the starters on Cinnamon Rolls, they turned out well. But beware, if you live close by, you may just see me coming with a bag of starter for you:)

4 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

oh yum, these delights look so good. I kind of want the food instead of the starter...will you be passing treats around anytime soon for the holidays. ;) Eddie brought a starter for me and I forgot to bring it home...I would take one. =)

An

Jill said...

Just please come toward me with the coffee cake or cranberry rolls!

T and M said...

So you can freeze those starter packs? Never knew...

aklopfen said...

Yes you can freeze the starter and just thaw it out on the counter and continue with the days.....and Ann, I can give you a starter.