Monday, March 15, 2010

Sewing up a storm!



I haven't blogged in awhile, but I have had fun with the sewing machine! I made a reversible bubble skirt on Sat. for Molly using leftover fabric, an old crib sheet, and reused a waistband on an old pair of jammies....Thanks to Tanya from http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/ I get sooo many ideas from her creative mind/blog.
I also made a cute skinny tie applique for the boys (from Tanya's blog), just haven't got a pic yet. Jack wore his to church last night and got spaghetti on it already, so it's already in the wash! I used their old cargo pants with holes to make the applique....turned out so cute!



Now I am working on a bubble skirt from an old dress of mine....I loved the fabric, just not my style of dress anymore...you know how that goes:) Here is the dress:



and here is the skirt in progress, still need to finish the waistband....


3 comments:

Penny said...

Cute skirts Abby. I noticed Jack's shirt on Sunday but didn't comment...probably got distracted by my boys? I did realize you'd made it. It was very cute!

Jill said...

Molly gets to dress so cute, thanks to her mom's talent. What adorable skirts!

Tanya said...

amazing job abby!