Friday, January 9, 2009

Baking Bread

I absolutely love to bake bread! For some reason, probably the heat, I tend to make bread in the Fall, Winter, and sometimes in the Spring. It warms the house and the house smells incredible!!!! Scott came home last night and said how good the house smelled. I just love to knead bread, smell it, and of course eat it!!!!






Kneading the dough is so therapeutic. So squishy and soft:)











The aroma starts at the rising....here is the place I found where my dough rises best....in the cabinet next to the dishwasher (that is running or has been run) It's very warm and toasty. Since we keep our house at 67-68 degrees in the winter, it really isn't the best place to rise bread. I also found that the laundry room is a good place too when the dryer is going.




And then I get to smell it baking and then eat...maybe the whole loaf:)


2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Your pics are looking great, my friend. Good work! Can't wait to see your book...

Court

Rebekah said...

Abby,
your bread looks so yummy!!! I love baking bread too...it makes me feel very domestic.

ps. glad you enjoyed the SNL skit!