Friday, January 16, 2009

Science Experiment

My husband did a neat experiment last night with the cub scouts. Throw a cup of boiling water in the air and because it sooooo freezing cold, it evaporates before it hits the ground. Really cool! So he showed us last night and it was dark, so I thought today I would try it myself today in the daylight.

So I take the cup of boiling water......throw it up in the air......up it goes, now back at me, now inside the house, now on me....scalding water dripping down my shirt. Ouch! Maybe I should leave science experiments to my husband instead of me!

and I need to know how to throw a cup of water....I definately know now you don't throw it up. Scary, but I am going to try it again.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

That had to be so painful, but I have to admit. . .I giggled a little bit!!

aklopfen said...

It was painful, but I also started laughing. And I must say, I didn't throw it straight up in the air...I threw it kinda of out but I jerked the cup and it came back at me....