Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of School

It's hard to believe but Drew is off to school in 3rd grade this year and Jack in 2nd. Things change as the school year gets started once again:
  • I get back on a schedule because I have to, not because I want to.
  • I don't have to run the dishwasher 2 times a day.
  • Bedtime is earlier...more quiet time in the evening for Scott and I.
  • More laundry....I couldn't possibly send a child to school in the same outfit as the day before:)(yes, in the summer I would let them if they weren't too stinky...prob. a bad mom I know)
  • Different bus route.....making the kids get out to the busy about 20 min earlier, which means I have to get up 20 min. earlier...yea!!!! no not really.
  • More things/appts. added to my schedule....pto, gymnastics, whew...no soccer (the boys opt'd out...Scouts are starting though...., field trips, volunteering at school.
  • eating school lunch with my kids and their friends
  • hugs and kisses as they head out the door EVERY morning
  • being prepared with packing lunches most mornings
  • watching my boys get ready for school by themselves: I don't know what came over them but they are getting dressed by themselves, combing their hair and eating breakfast all by themselves. They must have talked to Julie's kids!

Hope your school year goes well too!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Your boy are getting so big! I bet you are treasuring this last year with Molly. I wouldn't worry about the kids wearing clothes two days in a row at home. You gotta do what you gotta do for laundry reduction.

Ashton said...

Cute picture of the boys.:)